Constantiapark House News
• We are very happy to announce that our home is full! Our youngest and newest kid (actually baby) Laska arrived in June. Just in time to celebrate her first birthday with us on 23 June 2014.
• In May, friend of Re-Connect, Hannelie hosted her friends at her home for an evening of cheese and wine, while taking time to tell them about Re-Connect. Not only did everyone have a great time, but they also collected funds for all the Constantia Park home’s toiletries and cleaning materials for a full year AND SOME CHANGE!! A wonderful example of a community connected!
• Another care group of NG Church Moreleta also treated the kids from Constantia Park to a family photo session. Soon you will see it when visiting.
• During the April holidays, a lot of our volunteers helped to host one BIG party for all the kids from Constantia Park and Eersterus who had their birthdays since the beginning of the year. Thanks for the beautiful cakes and great party.
• Mubeen moved from Eersterus to Constantia Park in 2014 to be closer to a better school. He has made a lot of friends and is performing very well academically. We are very excited to receive his report after the recent exams as we believe his hard work will definitely pay off.
• We are still absolutely without words about the huge processed meats donations that we receive from Eskort. Thanks for your continued generosity.
• Our kids also eat like royalty from the regular food donations received from Woolworths Parkview.
But probably the best news of all is the story of the reconciliation of a brother and sister. Rocky and Deidre were separated years ago when the children’s home they stayed in burnt down. Deidre became part of the Re-Connect family in October 2013, while Rocky still lived in Louis Botha children’s home. He regularly came to visit, but Deidre had a very strong longing to have a little brother close to her. Rocky could at last be moved to Re-Connect on 20 June 2014. This is an amazing story of family for two children who only have one another.
• Families for orphans through foster care and adoption • Mini Bus